HAZARDOUS MATERIAL DISPOSAL
Hazardous materials pose a threat to human health and the environment. These materials are flammable, poisonous, corrosive or reactive.
For information on Calumet County's Hazardous Waste Disposal Program, click HERE.
USED MOTOR OIL
Harrison residents may dispose of used and unused motor oil at the Harrison Municipal garage.
- Place spill proof containers in the plastic tote located on the south side of the Municipal Garage near the green service door.
- Do not use containers that previously held household chemicals.
- Do not mix with solvents or other materials such as anti-freeze.
- Oil mixed with other materials are considered hazardous waste.
- If you would like your container returned, leave a note with your name and phone number and you will be contacted when your container is emptied.
- Save all used motor oil filters for the Calumet County Hazardous Waste Collection Events.
Businesses may contact an industrial material handler for service.
Click here(PDF, 143KB) for other locations accepting used motor oil.